NATIONAL DONOR SABBATH 2014
Donor Sabbath is November 14-16 this year. Materials are available for order at no charge to the public, organizations, faith leaders and their communities. Remember that organ and tissue donation can be a topic for discussion year-round. To order materials or to request a speaker for a presentation, click here.
What Can Congregations Do?
WRTC provides support to places of worship wishing to discuss organ and tissue donation. Whether congregations have a member who is waiting for a transplant, someone who died while waiting, a member who was a donor or a donor family member, or someone who is on dialysis, or you would just like to focus attention on the life-saving issue of organ and tissue donation, here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Invite WRTC to speak during a service, education meeting or special event. It can be during National Donor Sabbath or any time throughout the year
- Have a special donor sign up during National Donor Sabbath which occurs 2 weekends before Thanksgiving, and in April for National Donate Life month
- Write an article for your faith organization’s parish or regional newsletter
- Place a poster or flyer on a bulletin board
- Encourage a member who is a recipient, a living donor, a patient waiting for a transplant or a donor family member to tell their story in the newsletter or in person
- Distribute information to members in bulletins, literature tables, e-mail
EXAMPLES OF WHAT YOU CAN ORDER!