Become a Donate Life Ambassador!
The Washington Regional Transplant Community (WRTC) Donate Life Ambassadors volunteer program consists of donor family members, recipients, recipient family members, living donors, students, concerned citizens and experts in the field of transplantation. All trained volunteers will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of events and activities in the D.C. metro area. If you are interested in becoming a Donate Life Ambassador, please fill out an online Volunteer Registration Form here.
If you have questions about the Donate Life Ambassador program, please contact Mary Delaney Fox at (703) 641-0100 or .
Ten Ways You Can Make a Difference
- Schedule programs at your church, club, fraternal organization, etc.
- Volunteer for one activity during National Organ & Tissue Donor Awareness Week in April and/or National Donor Sabbath in November.
- Arrange for your company to place donation brochures in everyone’s paycheck.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local paper encouraging people to become organ donors and to tell their families.
- Call your local newspaper, radio and television stations and ask them to use the Ad Council’s Public Service Announcements.
- Write a letter to the CEO of your local community hospital encouraging their participation in the donation process.
- Distribute donor awareness materials at your local block party or get a display at a summer fair.
- Call the principal or superintendent of your local middle school and high school to encourage their use of the donation and transplantation curriculum.
- Contact your alma mater about setting up a display during National Organ & Tissue Donor Awareness Week and/or National Donor Sabbath.
- Scan your Rolodex for any connections you may have in the community – corporate partnerships are a great way for us to reach a lot of people at once.
Attention current Donate Life Ambassadors! Needs a refresher on how to set up an information table? Check out the first episode in our Tabling Like a Pro Series!